NEWS: forensics-extra and UDD

Eriberto Mota eriberto at debian.org
Fri Dec 2 14:16:21 UTC 2016

Hi Forensics Team,

There are some news for us.

1. forensics-extra

Some time ago I and Giovani created the forensics-all[1] package.
forensics-all is a metapackage that install all packages provided by
Debian Forensics Team in a Debian system.

Now, we have forensics-extra[2] source which provides forensics-extra
and forensics-extra-gui metapackages. These metapackages install
several packages, not under Debian Forensics Team umbrella, but all
useful for forensics activities. So, 'apt-get install forensics-all
forensics-extra forensics-extra-gui' will prepare a desktop to be a
very good forensics station. But...

Today I sent to NEW-queue[3] a new version of the forensics-extra
which will provides the forensics-full metapackage. forensics-full
will install forensics-all, forensics-extra and forensics-extra-gui.
My inspiration was kde-full package, because I use KDE and all its
power!

Feel free to suggest new and interesting packages for forensics-extra
and forensics-extra-gui (please, read the description in each package
before to send suggestions).

[1] https://packages.qa.debian.org/f/forensics-all.html
[2] https://packages.qa.debian.org/f/forensics-extra.html
[3] https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

2. Forensics Team status - UDD report

We have two new sections in our daily UDD report[4]:

- Sources in Debian Sid (co-maintainer order): this section list all
packages in Forensics Team, ordered by each co-maintainer.

- Sources in Debian Sid (uploader order): this section list all
packages in Forensics Team, ordered by last people that did upload.

I think that this UDD report[4] (specially the first section - Sources
in Debian Sid sorted by upload date) is useful to act over packages
that need some attention before freeze stage.

[4] https://people.debian.org/~eriberto/udd/teams/forensics_stats.html

3. Other UDDs

Here[5] you can see other interesting UDDs produced by me.

[5] https://people.debian.org/~eriberto/udd/

Enjoy!

Regards,

Eriberto