[Freedombox-discuss] don't write code - user-friendly configuration

intrigeri intrigeri+freedombox at boum.org
Tue Aug 31 22:48:58 UTC 2010

Hi,

Jonas Smedegaard wrote (31 Aug 2010 09:55:54 GMT) :
> Package *reconfiguration* needs the ability to query current status.
> In current debconf you can query the debconf _cache_ of earlier
> so a user interface cannot inform the sysadmin of the consequences
> of making a choice - i.e. there is no "keep current choice" option.

Config::Model and Config::Model::Backend::Augeas (Debian packages:
libconfig-model-perl and libconfig-model-backend-augeas-perl) might
help implementing such functionality in debconf or enabling Ægir to
act as a sysadmin without needing to fully take over conffiles (if it
actually does, which I have not checked).

> Beware, though, that Ægir is real - my scriblings above on debconf
> improvements are only that: scriblings.

So are my.

Bye,
--