[Freedombox-discuss] autonomous web services

Arthur Lutz arthur.lutz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 01:07:50 UTC 2010

Hi list,

I've come across and am pretty fond of the list compiled by the folks over
at http://autonomo.us

   http://autonomo.us/wiki/Wish_list

It is a pretty complete list of "network services" that should/could/want to
be free. This could help complete the list started here :
http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/LeavingTheCloud

I have a question about php packaging : should packages have a default
install procedure in them to get at the end of the installation a
http://localhost/package/ (for example ampache or scuttle do this). As far
as the FreedomBox is concerned I think this would be handy but am not sure
if it is recommended or frowned about by debian.

Thanks for the input.

Arthur