[Freedombox-discuss] need for concensus or not

Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson bre at beanstalks-project.net
Sun Oct 10 12:01:58 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 11:40 AM, paxcoder <paxcoder at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, you've got me there. Because Debian is a "free", "universal operating
> system". Well played. Of no use to anyone, but well played.
> FreedomBox - a project for building whatever.

Dude, just go build something and stop complaining. Seriously.

Open source projects are do-ocracys. If you want to influence the direction
of this one, do so with actions not words. Those who do the work, make the
rules. Telling people what to do doesn't count as work, and arguing about
direction and organization doesn't either.

It's nice to have goals and ideas, and nice to make constructive
suggestions, but ultimately in a volunteer organization like this, the
volunteers who are actually working do what they want - they aren't getting
paid and they won't follow rules unless they agree the rules help them in
some way. We clearly haven't reached that point yet, so give it a rest.

--
Bjarni R. Einarsson
Founder, CEO and janitor of the Beanstalks Project.

http://beanstalks-project.net/  ~  http://bre.klaki.net/