[Freedombox-discuss] The FB Base system

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Mon Oct 11 22:23:34 UTC 2010

2010/10/11 Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson <bre at beanstalks-project.net>:

>> Is the code public accessible somewhere?
>
> No, stuff is still rather unstable so I've been too shy to make a public
> release. ;-)  As I said in the first mail, a public beta is planned for
> November.

If this is really a free software project, put it on a git repo
somewhere so people can help make it stable.. release early, release
often. Doesn't have to be perfect (in fact it SHOULDN'T be perfect,
else hackers will be interested) it just needs to do *something* or
look like it can.

This sort of thing:
"Introduce yourself and tell us what you would like to use our service
for, and we'll get back to you within a couple of days (or hours)."

..does not encourage free software devs.

"Talk is cheap, show me the code."

-c