[Freedombox-discuss] [Freedom Box] Finding your FB box on the network

Christian Brædstrup linuxchristian at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 20:30:55 UTC 2010

2010/10/21 intrigeri
<intrigeri+freedombox at boum.org<intrigeri%2Bfreedombox at boum.org>

> You can:
>
>  apt-get install live-build
>  look for --debian-installer in lb_config(1)
>
> Some work is ongoing to mention this in Squeeze release notes.

The wiki is awfully outdated, deprecated, and shall not be used as a
> reference. Try asking about it on the debian-live mailing list and
> you'll be answered this pretty quickly.
>
> The only existing up-to-date reference documentation about Debian Live
> is in the manpages (live-build, live-boot and live-config packages)
> and in the manual:  http://live.debian.net/manual/

Thanks for the references. I actually just today gave up trying to use FAI
as a installer because it would require some ugly hacking of the config
files. When I started the project I looked at the live.debian.net homepage
but I have used the live-helper package to build the live system until now
but decided a couple of hours ago (before reading this mail) to try the
live-build package so I can use the live-installer package. That would keep
the install system in the same "base" (all stock Debian) and I think that is
the way to go. Like you say the docs are out-of-date and scares but the
support base is strongere then the alternative (FAI or Hand-off) and its all
maintained by Debian.

Cheers,
Christian