[Freedombox-discuss] [Freedom Box] Finding your FB box on the network

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Fri Oct 22 09:05:04 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 10:15:27AM +0200, Christian Brædstrup wrote:
>2010/10/21 Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk>
>
>> The only reliable approach, I believe, is to act as a distributor,
>> obeying the Debian Policy just as all Debian packages are mandated to
>> do: Do not edit config files directly, but instead ask the packages
>> to edit their configurations via their debconf interfaces.
>>

>> I apologize ahead if I am too thickheaded and have completely
>> misunderstood your intended use of debian-live.
>>

>Jonas, I don't know how you got that out of my mail but I assure you
>that it isn't my intent to limit the user with the stuff I am working
>on right now (and not in the future). My focus right now is just to get
>the packages off the live system and onto the machine and get a clean
>boot. When that works I will go out and get a cold beer and begin
>working on a interface ;)
>
>My plan has all along been to use as much infrastructure as posible.
>Like most programmers I don't like to do more work then I have to. My
>plan is either to write stuff for debconf directly or use a stable 3th
>party app like the Model::Config or Jonas' Tweaks project. But before I
>have a working installer I am saving that decision for another day.
>
>That is of course just the plan in my head and I am open to sugestions.

Cool!

I am very happy to learn that it is just me being thickheaded :-)

I am proud to be in a team with real programmers[1].

Oh, and beware that the Tweaks project is vaporware so far.  It could
benefit from you guys throwing package selections and config diffs at
me, so as to not only reflect my own personal needs for classifications.

  - Jonas

[1] No, that was not sarcasm.