[Freedombox-discuss] Addressing

Jon Spriggs jon at sprig.gs
Thu Sep 2 14:03:08 UTC 2010

On 2 September 2010 14:13, John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org> wrote:
> On 09/01/2010 02:41 PM, Jon Spriggs wrote:
>
>> As an aside, I'd be interested in being involved in writing this, if
>> not doing a serious chunk of it :)
>
> As far as I'm concerned, that is a winning argument for your proposal right
> there.

That said, my coding skills aren't great, so I'd be happy to start
something, and then ask for contributions.

I'm also working on a couple of other projects, some of which are
being actively used at events in coming weeks, so this won't have all
my focus right now, but I'm really keen to start something going here.

I think if we agree on a common API for propagating details, then this
could have a use outside of the FreedomBox project, and perhaps into
more of the distributed social networking services (such as StatusNet,
Elgg and more)

I've created a Gitorious project
(http://gitorious.org/socialservicefinder) and I'm looking forward to
more people getting involved ;)