[Freedombox-discuss] Music streaming/serving

Chris Wj chris0wj at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 19:52:42 UTC 2010

I've recently tried setting up a music server to access and stream my own
music from my server. I think this is something that the FreedomBox should
have. I set up both Ampache (www.ampache.org) and mt-daapd (
www.fireflymediaserver.org/). They are both very good, but I think I am
having a more enjoyable experience with Ampache. You can edit metadata in
the Ampache web interface and create custom playlists. This web user
interface needs a refresh to make it more usable, but it provides the right
stuff. I loaded my library over the network with Amarok and all was good. I
haven't tried streaming video yet, but it is supposed to be able to do that
too.

-Chris