[Freedombox-discuss] Suitability of Globalscale as partner?

Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta agi at inittab.org
Wed Apr 6 16:04:52 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 10:49:05AM -0500, Charles N Wyble wrote:
> On 04/06/2011 08:16 AM, Philip Hands wrote:
> >On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 18:11:41 -0700, John Gilmore<gnu at toad.com>  wrote:
> >>This company doesn't look like the sort we want to base our software
> >>on.
> >They also have a history of producing things that I would be nervous
> >about leaving plugged in my home (I'd probably be OK with one in my
> >garage, in a sand filled box, with a fire suppressant system overhead
> >;-)
>
> Citation needed? Can you provide some specific confirmed examples of
> shoddy production
> that lead to a fire or other ... ahem negative user experience? :)
> I'm just curious. I have no particular
> interest in the plug platform, and would love to be able to apt-get
> install freedombox on any debian system.

The first power supplies (or a batch of them) weren't very good. Mine
died, but did not cause any harm (except to itself). I got a new one
like 5 months ago and it's been running 24/7 since then with no problems
whatsoever.

I don't consider them dangerous, and I've been using my Sheeva for more
than a year now at my place, in my table, without noise or fires :-)

--
Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta    | Formación, consultoría y soporte técnico
agi@(inittab.org|debian.org)| en GNU/Linux y software libre

Key fingerprint = 9782 04E7 2B75 405C F5E9  0C81 C514 AF8E 4BA4 01C3