[Freedombox-discuss] DreamPlugs arrived this week, work fine. Network experiment?

Chris Troutner Chris.Troutner at PACCAR.com
Wed Apr 13 15:54:55 UTC 2011

Hey John,

Thank you for sending us your review of the DreamPlug.

I've got a question for the community: What is the possibility of
slapping together a quick distribution for the DreamPlug?

I'm an electrical engineer, but only mildly proficient at Linux. Like
many, I have been trolling the mailing list to keep up on progress of
the FreedomBox. With all the news of government spying (see Slashdot)
I'm anxious to get a plug computer/home appliance that can be dedicated
to encrypted email and TOR access - both for myself and my extended
family.

How difficult would it be to put together a distribution for the
DreamPlug that contains these two basic applications?

Keep up the good work! Cheers!

Chris Troutner

http://www.thesolarpowerexpert.com