[Freedombox-discuss] assigned numbers without ICANN

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Fri Apr 29 12:52:57 UTC 2011

On 11-04-29 at 02:08am, Dave Crossland wrote:
> On 29 April 2011 01:18, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
> >
> > no technology should be unique to FreedomBoxes
>
> What, then, makes them unique?

That they were $foo in putting a particular set of freedom-enabling
technologies into an ugly beige box, and first in choosing a certain
default configuration and interface for adaption being very friendly
towards non-technical end-users.

...with $foo being one or more of "first", "cheapest", "best" or some
other term you can com up with.

...or actually, we need not be unique at all, because if we loose the
competition of being the ones bringing freedom-enabling technologies to
the non-technical end-users of the World, then our mission is
accomplished anyway! ;-)