[Freedombox-discuss] Project plan?

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 17:13:06 UTC 2011

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> It is _very_ exciting to hear about all the great things people are
> working on inventing, and all the different kinds of hardware people are
> working on getting freedom-enabling technologies into besides Plug
> devices.

Just to be clear,

I'm not talking about inventing new kinds of hardware,
I'm talking about trying to share off-the-shelf hardware
in a way that protects User Freedom while achieving
the benefits of economy of scale that helps proprietary
cloud providers underprice and outperform what we,
the people can currently offer to ourselves.

I'm talking about making Free as in Freedom Cloud
Computing by addressing the issues that arise when
we try to share hardware.

If we don't solve this issue at least for the connections
between us, then the ISPs that 'provide' and 'carry' us
will continue to be able to stop us for whatever arbitrary
reason they see fit as they strive to keep price above cost.