[Freedombox-discuss] Paid FB developers

David Edmondson dme at dme.org
Mon Aug 8 18:09:36 UTC 2011

* dr at jones.dk [2011-08-08 Mon 18:55]
> As expected, however, you seem to just rely on others making wise
> decisions on your behalf on this matter.

Our society is based on the elective surrender of responsibility to
others. I didn't argue that it was right or best, just that it was
simplest.

Many of the people who are not in a position to actively contribute in a
non-financial way are similarly unable to determine the best place to
spend their money, I expect. Deriding them for such seems like a great
way to send them and their money off somewhere else. That doesn't seem
productive.