[Freedombox-discuss] Supported hardware

Nick Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 02:01:40 UTC 2011

Rick C. Hodgin writes:

> I was wondering if there are any advantages in using one particular
> piece of hardware over another?  Or what hardware developers are using?
>
> I am a software developer and am interested in acquiring one and looking
> at the software stack, and possibly contributing to it.

Rick, the officially targeted hardware right now is in James Vasile's
speeches [0], the DreamPlug [1].  Other folks are looking into different
configurations (Jonas was looking into the SheevaPlug/GuruPlug, IIRC),
but I don't think anybody's tried porting Bdale's Freedom-maker [2] to
other hardware platforms yet.

Nick

0: https://freedomboxfoundation.org/

1: http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/t-dreamplugdetails.aspx