[Freedombox-discuss] Introducing myself

Jonathan Roberts jonrob.one at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 14 16:10:28 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I just came across your project and want to help out in whatever way I can.
I thought I would introduce myself as I begin to get the lay of the land and
figure out where I can best get stuck in.

My name is Jonathan Roberts, I'm in the UK and recently graduated with a
first in Theology. This means that my skills are predominantly as a
writer/communicator and a researcher, although I also have some experience
doing organisational/secretarial (e.g. organising meeting times, taking
minutes, producing notes, following up tasks etc), marketing etc.  My
technical skills are rather limited (I know enough to run and maintain my
own GNU/Linux systems, a basic understanding of code).

I don't know what stage of the project you're at yet, but at the least I'd
be pleased to help out however I can. Whether that's by trying to recruit
people with skills that you might be missing at the moment (in the DebConf
video, people expressed concerns about being able to design sufficiently
simple and attractive user interfaces, for example), maintaining the wiki,
helping to express your vision and plans coherently and powerfully,
communicating with the press to drum up more interest, writing
documentation, being a semi-technical guinea-pig (you may have noticed my
e-mail being googlemail, I've wanted out for years but not found any
suitable alternatives as yet) or being project secretary... whatever would
be most useful!

Best wishes all,

Jon