[Freedombox-discuss] Why is this list so quiet?

Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson bre at pagekite.net
Wed Feb 16 18:14:53 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:53 PM, Luka Marčetić <paxcoder at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jonas talked about this project being "different things to different
> people", but without any consensus (or perhaps even leadership - the
> humanity!), we're likely to be nothing to noone. And we can remain admins of
> an empty project.

I think you just hit the nail on the head with the word leadership. This
project desperately needs someone to just take control and make something
happen.

Obviously it would be nice if that person worked openly and with the group,
and it would be nice if that person had help and didn't have to do
everything, but someone needs to lead the way. I think - hope - Eben
actually recruited someone for this as part of creating the Foundation
(perhaps not particularly democratic, but I for one will be glad). We'll
find out in a few days, is my guess!

My tiny contribution to this, PageKite, is making good progress and I hope
to have actual Debian packages built within a couple of months. The Wiki has
more on it than it used to... there are lots of quiet little things
happening. But while the system doesn't really have a leader and some sort
of over-all architecture, we don't even know if these things will be used or
not.

 :-)

--
Bjarni R. Einarsson