[Freedombox-discuss] Introducing Myself

Matt Joyce matt at nycresistor.com
Wed Feb 16 23:21:30 UTC 2011

Hi my name is Matt Joyce.

I'm formerly of NYC Resistor , but now I'm on the west coast.

I've been building the Fonera 2.0n images for the ChaosVPN project.

http://wiki.hamburg.ccc.de/index.php/ChaosVPN

I've actually been working with the 2.3.6 foneosfera release to produce some
proto-moglen style box stuff.

:: http://www.flickr.com/photos/openfly/5432314935/

Not much to show at the moment... working up to releasable image.  But
getting close.

We do have full end to end VPN in place in a number of hackerspaces across
the planet.  I am actually working right now on a deploy of openstack onto
the vpn.

We've been using tinc as a base for mesh vpn deployment between hackerspaces
around the world.  Currently we're using a single point Cert authority and
forcing end points to generate their own pub priv keypairs and register
their pubs to us manually.  But there's some automation being discussed.

I was curious where the standardization of protocol stands on this project
plan.  I'd love to keep us sync'ed up on the Chaos side as well as to try
and contribute in any way I can.

This has been an interest of mine for a while and something of a side hobby
I've been working on in my apt for a few months now.

I am pretty sure I can pull in dev support from our german counterparts on
some of this as it seems to sync up considerably with some of our goals.

Best of luck,
   -Matt