[Freedombox-discuss] Why is this list so quiet?

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Feb 16 23:36:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 06:11:00PM -0500, Andrew Schaaf wrote:

>On Feb 16, 2011, at 4:55 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
>>>

>> I personally find it wrong to extend Freedombox to be the platform
>> for _writing_ code - there is plenty of challenge already in
>> shrinkwrapping readily available and already Debian-packaged code,
>> and I fear we loose sight if take our mouth too full.

[development details snipped]

>You're right, a Debian list probably isn't the place to discuss
>development.
>
>But it's the only known place so far for joining forces with other FB
>enthusiasts.

What's wrong with F enthusiasts?

Debian is full of Freedom enthusiasts.  I find it silly to only hack
together with the limited crowd aiming at _boxing_ Freedom tools.

I find it sensible that Freedombox is only about the relatively limited
(yet still vastly complex on its own) task of BOXing Freedom tools,
while the tasks of inventing, refining and packaging Freedom tools are
done elsewhere - either at Debian teams or somewhere completely
different.

(no, I have no special agenda of recruiting Debian Developers here!)