[Freedombox-discuss] Introducing Myself

Hector Oron hector.oron at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 23:57:33 UTC 2011

Hello,

2011/2/16 Matt Joyce <matt at nycresistor.com>:

> I've been building the Fonera 2.0n images for the ChaosVPN project.
>
> http://wiki.hamburg.ccc.de/index.php/ChaosVPN

May I ask why those packages are not in Debian main archive? :)

> I've actually been working with the 2.3.6 foneosfera release to produce some
> proto-moglen style box stuff.
>
> :: http://www.flickr.com/photos/openfly/5432314935/

Looking to the picture looks like a possible FreedomBox but you need
to replace "cloud services links" with "locally run apps with can
interoperate in real-time using the network being privacy and security
an important topic" (which we would love to have in Debian main, you
we just need to run 'debootstrap' or similar tool to put all of it
together for any architecture Debian supports).

> I was curious where the standardization of protocol stands on this project
> plan.  I'd love to keep us sync'ed up on the Chaos side as well as to try
> and contribute in any way I can.

There has been lots of chatting and very good ideas have been proposed
like using tor (the onion protocol), certainly using VPN might be yat
another possibility, most of the relevant bits have been collected at
<http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox>

Best regards,
--
 Héctor Orón