[Freedombox-discuss] Introducing myself and netsukuku

Luca Dionisi luca.dionisi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 20:21:13 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 07:49:19PM +0100, Luca Dionisi wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 6:19 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
>
>>> Please see here for how to get upstream software integrated into Debian
>>> (which is a requirement for it to be part of the Debian ecosystem:
>>>
>>> http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting
>>>
>>> ...and here if you are confused about what you can/must do yourself:
>>> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2011-January/000347.html
>
>> So, let's go for a team-maintained packaging.
>> Is someone on the list willing to help me with this?
>
> Please try first to seek help at existing Debian teams.

Sorry, I'm not going to have much time for it soon.
Perhaps, if you feel that netsukuku is an important project to make
available to the freedombox (IMHO it is) then someone on the list
could give me some help with the first steps. I need just a few hints
per day, then I will do the dirty job. Otherwise I would spend months
searching all those caveats by myself.
I understand that your team is small, but the netsukuku team is way more.

> More info here: http://wiki.debian.org/Teams
>
> Essentially FreedomBox is about shrinkwrapping existing packaged code! Cool
> if it inspires invention of new code, helps getting existing code production
> ready, and encourages packaging more production ready code. But sad if this
> small devoted team is distracted too much by such work.
>

>> First of all, I have to create a bug report against WNPP? What's in the
>> name?
>
> Did you actually read above URLs? Both of them?

Yes.