[Freedombox-discuss] Willing to contribute

Joshua Spodek joshuaspodek at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 23:43:53 UTC 2011

Hi,

My second posting since near the beginning of this mailing list. I'm
excited to see all the activity.

I am a freedom and free software advocate (using GNU/Linux almost
exclusively since 1996), though with little coding or packaging
experience. On the other hand I've built a tech-based media company
that's been operating since 1999 (www.submediaworld.com). I have a PhD
in physics and an MBA.

I'm interested in contributing my time and skills to this project. I see
some logistical, organizational roles unfilled. Not having worked on
debian projects before, I'm not sure if the following are relevant, but
I see needs in

      * coming to agreement on the road map while making sure all
        relevant voices are heard
      * helping create requirements
      * helping figure out what subgroups can work on what subprojects
        so teams work together without taking time from other teams
      * helping people join appropriate groups so they can contribute
      * motivating newcomers and getting them contributing

I'd be happy to contribute in these areas if people consider them
relevant. If not, I'm happy to contribute in other ways that are.

I'm also in Manhattan in case local meeting helps.

Josh