[Freedombox-discuss] We do need mesh networking

Luca Dionisi luca.dionisi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 10:48:44 UTC 2011

I thought this news could be of interest for current/future
discussions on what an effective way of circumventing centralized
controls and censorship might be.

I copied this extract from the article at this link:
http://neosmart.net/blog/2011/as-arabia-protests-libya-blocks-internet-access/

<quote>
More importantly perhaps is the fact that the ISPs are actively
blocking any attempts to bypass this filtering, with residents in
Libya unable to even use the standard filtering bypass tools. We've
been told that neither OperaTor, HideMyAss, nor HotSpotShield are
working. Even standard PPTP VPN connections out of the country are
being blocked.
</quote>

Regards
--Luca