[Freedombox-discuss] Introducing myself and some criticism about project

D W dear.mr.dw at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 16:17:05 UTC 2011

Hi all,
I'm web (ruby on rails, javascript, whatsoever) developer
...with around decade of unix-engineering experience
...and (local) community work
...+ few years of VoIP (asterisk, cisco) solutions engineering and
development

In my opinion FreedomBox is great idea, but ... all infrastructure just
sucks :/
Where is full stacked project portal? It could take only few minutes to make
at least blog with comments or hours for mini web portal
Where is useful maillist group? I understand that google's lists are not the
right way, but at least they are far more usable than current
Where is user group? How can I find any project (and FBox should consist of
many projects) leader?
and so on and so forth
With such attitude we 'll get only few feedback from some geeks, but every
geek can make his own solution :/

I have some free hours per day and intention to work on FreedomBox project,
but make some usable and comfort infrastructure services please! (though I
can help with it, at least I'm web developer)

Denis W.