[Freedombox-discuss] Willing to contribute

Michiel de Jong michiel at unhosted.org
Mon Feb 21 22:24:42 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 7:01 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Having fun and a weekly release cadence sounds awesome to me! I wish I
> could help with the coding :)

You can though! All you would need to join in, is some basic linux user
skills. We're not coding, nor are we packaging. We are just trying things
out to see if they could work. A typical work cycle could be:
- think about one of the goals
- search for existing software that does what needs doing. you might find,
say, 5 different pieces of software, all available in debian, and all
relevant candidates.
- read about each one, install them, try them out. discuss your findings
with the others on IRC. write down your conclusions.
- if you find something that works, add it to the VM snapshot.