[Freedombox-discuss] We need mesh networking later. Now we need one simple compelling feature users love.

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 07:18:11 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 12:15 AM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:
> Thoughts?

Many features have been proposed.  Some folks interested in one [set],
some in another [set].  The most straightforward approach would seem
to be: form a working group around each feature.  Each working group
will naturally attract those who are interested in that feature.  When
a feature is ready, we can make a (potentially minor, alpha, beta, or
otherwise) release.

Rinse.  Repeat.

IOW, treat our linux distribution like a linux distribution ;)

Debian and Fedora both seem to provide competent models.

--tim