[Freedombox-discuss] .....a box not bigger then a mobile charger

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Sat Feb 26 19:09:30 UTC 2011

Am 26.02.2011 um 19:20 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard:

> On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 04:50:42PM +0100, Marc Manthey wrote:
>> First welcome all,
>
> Welcome to you too! :-D
>

>> i stumbled a couple of days before over a video from eben moglen
>> and i was very amazed about his passionated speech and knowledge.
>>
>> My main question about the vision of a "freedombox "  , what is the
>> hardware he mentioned in his speech - a box not bigger then a
>> mobile charger ?
>
> Please do have a look at our wiki: http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox
>
> More specifically here: http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/TargetedHardware

thanks Jonas , this were the missing links ! :)

ARMv4, ARMv5, ARMv5, ARMv6 devices (armel)  seems pretty much what i
wanted, 2 GHZ should be resonable nowadays
is there any precofigured device  with cover plugs and jacks   whitch
could be used as a "prototype" ?

Marc

> - Jonas
>
> --
> * Jonas Smedegaard - idealist & Internet-arkitekt
> * Tlf.: +45 40843136  Website: http://dr.jones.dk/
>
> [x] quote me freely  [ ] ask before reusing  [ ] keep private

Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
Marc Manthey- Vogelsangerstrasse 97
50823 Köln - Germany
Tel.:0049-221-29891489
Mobil:0049-1577-3329231