[Freedombox-discuss] Second Sunday Hackfest tomorrow

Michiel de Jong michiel at unhosted.org
Sat Feb 26 20:21:49 UTC 2011

Hi!

Like last week, let's get together in the #freedombox IRC channel on OFTC
tomorrow, and try to get some work done! The main goal is having fun and
exploring. Afterwards we can report our progress to the mailing list, so the
project as a whole can profit from the progress we make. I propose the
following times (roughly):

Amsterdam: 6pm-12midnight
London: 5pm-11pm
New York: 12noon - 6pm
San Francisco: 9am - 3pm

The approach we can follow (like last time) is each pick one of the seven
goals listed here http://freedomboxfoundation.org/goals/ and try to make
them work, by manually installing and configuring existing software on a
virtual server image. The idea behind this is that anybody with basic unix
skills can do this, yet still the end product (a snapshot) could be a
valuable draft version of a debian live-build, which in turn can be a
valuable draft version of a debian pure blend. Everybody is welcome to join
in, hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Michiel