[Freedombox-discuss] Promoting Freedom Box

J David Eisenberg jdavid.eisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 21:37:50 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Nicolás Reynolds <fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar> wrote:
> El 28/02/11 10:32, Matt Joyce dijo:
>> Beats the german eagle though.  =P  Can we stop the america bashing plz.
>
> wasn't intending to start a flame way :)
>
> i think the gnu in a box looks good, and also the idea of regionalizing
> freedomness symbols.

Well, <fill-in-the-blank> bashing is fun to a point :)

So, to get back to the topic: I think that "breaking chains" is a
fairly universal symbol of freedom not tied to any particular country
or political agenda. How you work that in with a plug-in box I don't
know, but that's why I didn't major in art.