[Freedombox-discuss] Added Pagekite to the wiki

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sun Jan 16 12:56:34 UTC 2011

Hi Bjarni,

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 12:19:44PM +0000, Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson wrote:
>I just added Pagekite to the FreedomBox wiki, under Networking.
>
>I'm pretty sure Pagekite is today the easiest way to expose a personal
>server to the wider Internet without mucking about with router and
>firewall settings. It works pretty well at this point, and it not only
>does basic HTTP, but has support for HTTPS and SSH tunneling as well.

Sounds interesting.  Don't know that tool myself.

>We are currently working on a Debian package for it (one exists, but
>needs more iterations before it is production-ready). Do we need an
>existing Debian developer as a champion for getting it into the
>official repos? Any volunteers?

First step is to file an RFP or ITP bugreport about it.  I recommend
using the tool "reportbug" for that - found in the package by the same
name:

   reportbug wnpp

...and then follow the command-line wizard.

When that's done, you can hand the resulting bugnumber to this list and
at other Debian-related places, trying to convince someone of the
relevancy of maintaining a packaging of that project.