[Freedombox-discuss] Relationship driven privacy

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Fri Jul 1 19:18:35 UTC 2011

>> We can do it like Facebook.  Everybody friends your profile
>> and you manually group them.  The grouping is private in that
>> your friends don't know what groups they're in (and most of
>> the time, even if they've been grouped at all).
>
> At the time you "friend" (connect) a profile instead of "Accept" you
> must
> choose a relationship(s) (sibling, parent, etc.) or "Ignore". The
> same as
> facebook this relationship selection remains private. These
> relationships
> can be based on XFN(1). This minimises leaking and optimises privacy
> based
> on relationships.

yep, thats  exactly the same google + does  (circles )

>> We can do it like Diaspora.  Explicit groups where the
>> interface requires that you group people and is public about
>> which groups you're interacting with when.
>
> I haven't explore Diaspora because I thought it was alpha software.

Well it is same with  http://project.friendika.com , but worth to have
a look at.

>> Another approach is to use URLs.  Give all your friends the
>> http://fbox.example.com/wild-and-crazy-guy address.  Give
>> your family the http://fbox.example.com/pious-father address.
>> Give your coworkers the
>> http://fbox.example.com/always-at-my-desk address.  Each of
>> these are just different views of the same profile.  And then
>> you could manually change what people see if somebody's
>> status changes from, say, /boyfriend to /ex-boyfriend.

Exactly, thats what i am talking about !!!  +1

>> The interface should be obvious about which groups you are talking
>> to.
>> Perhaps the css could change in obvious ways (backrgound
>> color?) or perhaps the software could be smart enough to know
>> you don't want to share "me-drunk.png" with the group labelled "WORK"
>
> I think change of colour is important for mixed groups, e.g. you
> have people
> in a group with different relationships and no mutual relationships.

Done in google +  IMHO

check this paper guys, we dont need to reinvent the wheel

A Hybrid P2P/Infrastructure Platform for Personal  and Social Internet
Services
http://research.nokia.com/files/pimrc08-camera.pdf

greetings

marc

--  Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
Marc Manthey- Vogelsangerstrasse 97
50823 Köln - Germany
Tel.:0049-221-29891489
Mobil:0049-1577-3329231