[Freedombox-discuss] New article: SSH access from the internet to my FreedomBox

Rob van der Hoeven robvanderhoeven at ziggo.nl
Sat Jul 2 12:41:06 UTC 2011

Hi,

I posted a new article on my blog:

http://freedomboxblog.nl/ssh-access-from-the-internet-to-my-freedombox/

On my FreedomBox I want SSH access from the internet for the following
reasons:

    * My FreedomBox is designed to be shared with family and friends,
any user can get his/her own private virtual machine(s). To remotely
manage a virtual machine SSH access is needed.
    * SSH can be used as a secure inter – FreedomBox communication
channel.

Using virtual machines complicates the use of SSH. Each virtual machine
has its own IP address, and the FreedomBox only has one external IP
address. There must be a way to connect this external address to one of
the many internal addresses. Fortunately SSH is very flexible and it is
possible to do this very elegantly.

Enjoy,
Rob
http://freedomboxblog.nl