[Freedombox-discuss] DNS solution that doesn't require paying money or using a central server.

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Tue Jul 5 14:39:41 UTC 2011

On Jul 5, 2011, at 6:12 AM, nathan nolast wrote:

> the real trick is, to keep these records, and connections anonymous.
> No standard emails used for registration, not recording various
> information like ip address's/macs

yep nathan and  thats exactly why  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSIG
should take place of  DynDNS , because its more secure and prevent
unauthorised
changes of a "zone file"

----------

Software and devices enabled with Bonjour do NOT use the DynDNS HTTP
Update API [http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-jennings-app-dns-update-02.txt
  IETF Draft] to dynamically update DNS servers. Instead, they use the
DNS Update [RFC 2136 http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2136.txt ] protocol
combined with TSIG security [RFC 2845 http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2845.txt
  ].

> 99% of people need SIMPLE things.

thats why we have todo all the work to keep things simple :)

greetings

Marc