[Freedombox-discuss] Discussion system for FreedomBox Foundation

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Sun Jul 10 19:32:03 UTC 2011

On Jul 10, 2011, at 7:05 AM, ya knygar wrote:

> Mailing lists aren't a solution for a wide discussion,
> even with Google Groups client -  it isn't.
> Nor forums or wiki's.
>
> i prefer etherpad as it is open for every-one Now
> and proven by time,

> So - i recommend to transfer a discussion from list/IRC/Wiki to
> something like Etherpad (Wave?)

Synchronous communication is nice to have BUT  its not that easy  and
has limitations :)
What about timezones  ? people have familys , work and commitments, so
possibly just an time frame
from about an hour per day, but this could be at 4 am your time.

All RFCs for at the IETF are developed thru mailing list and some
people, like me ,
that are not native english speakers and  cant follow a very
technical  live discussion so easily,
therefore i  would prefer Asynchronous communication. :)

http://www.asaecenter.org/Resources/articledetail.cfm?itemnumber=13572

> for real-time wide and productive discussion with a nice persistence,

> and - use a dynamic system like Etherpad - for discussion, after
> awhile it turns like a cute system that does the job.

Whats the difference between etherpad and IRC ?

have you seen this ?

http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/UserRequirements/BrainStorm

or this:

http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox#Software_.26_protocols

All discussions are stored here  http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/
Just pull it  from there into a wiki :)

cu

Marc

P.S. But we could try hangout  aswell :)
https://talkgadget.google.com/talkgadget/hangout/

--  Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
Marc Manthey- Vogelsangerstrasse 97
50823 Köln - Germany
Tel.:0049-221-29891489
Mobil:0049-1577-3329231