[Freedombox-discuss] [updates] FreedomBox Update

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Wed Jul 13 13:11:03 UTC 2011

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:22:47 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
Non-text part: multipart/mixed
Non-text part: multipart/signed
> On 11-07-12 at 09:19pm, James Vasile wrote:
> > Jonas Smedegaard is a one-man packaging machine (I hear he'll be at
> > DebConf too!), and that's a huge step.
>
> Thanks for the kind words.
>
> Yes, I'll be at DebConf.  Earlier on I annouced differently due to my
> lousy ability to handle money, but I later realized that DebConf is too
> dear for me so I'll attend no matter that I cannot really afford it.
>
> Latest packaging news is that Sipwitch has now entered Debian unstable,
> and I am working with fellow Debian developers and upstream on weeding
> out some bugs stalling it from progressing to testing.

Cool -- I utterly failed to get that to do anything useful the last
couple of times I played with it (and somehow failed to get useful
communications established with David Sugar, so gave up)

Meanwhile, I've made a few steps towards unbundling the libraries from
FreeSwitch, and have a slightly more useful package, that with quite a
lot of work could conceivably be uploaded for Debian, so perhaps timing
is good for interesting things with SIP.

I look forward to chatting with you about both in Banja Luka.

Cheers, Phil.

BTW sent via the free WiFi at Ljubljana, as I wait for my Banja Luka
flight to start boarding :-)