[Freedombox-discuss] Introduction and question

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 22:50:24 UTC 2011

On 14 July 2011 00:29, Tony Farese <tonyfarese at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone
> I am Tony, I have not added anything to this list to date. I have
> been following the TAC list for awhile and this list was mentioned today in
> a discussion so I thought I would look into it a bit. I began reading the
> list at the begining so as to be fully informed before posting here but it
> looks like it is going to take a while to cover this 9 month story..
> Perhaps someone can bring me up to speed. I encourage as many of you who are
> willing to offer your view of all that has preceded my arrival. I can only
> know more and I want to know most.
> I understand there has been talk of forming into work groups. Is there
> a consensus among you regarding this? Is there a question still resonating
> here?
> Time is short, no?

I'm sure others can chip in, but the list is focused primarily on a
software suite in debian that will run well on a low power plug
device, inspired by Eben Moglen's original vision.

Priorities are to provide useful features, including, but not limited
to, features of popular social networks.  Security and privacy are
prime considerations.

The idea is to make the net a friendlier and more secure place by
empowering people to take control of their net connection and use it
to contribute to a new style of social experience.

I may be wrong but that's my take so far from reading the back posts ...