[Freedombox-discuss] free network

nathan nolast nathan1465 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 15:45:00 UTC 2011

need some sort of clause or stance on free speech and the unbiased approach
towards the data flowing in our networks.

Users are free to publish/send/receive any data as private and as secure as
they like, no matter the nature of the content. ... our stance on
anti-censorship, and how the network can/is decentralised to prevent
centralised services/data being blocked/taken down.

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 8:40 AM, Marcelo H.Fortino <
mfortino at estrategiasgnulinux.com> wrote:

> **
>
> fyi, here in catalonia, spain there is guifi.net with a lot of practical
> experience to share: "...is a telecommunications network, is open, free and
> neutral because is built through a peer to peer agreement
> <http://guifi.net/WCL_EN>" (the Wireless Commons License ).
>
> http://guifi.net/en/what_is_guifinet .
>
> regards
>
> --
> -
> // Marcelo Fortinowww.fortinux.com
>

> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 20:37:51 -0400
> From: Isaac Wilder <isaac at freenetworkmovement.org> <isaac at freenetworkmovement.org>
> To: freedombox-discuss at lists.alioth.debian.org
> Subject: Re: [Freedombox-discuss] Free Networks Manifesto

> I'm definitely going to write more in response to this in a bit, but I
> just wanted to give you a heads up to two documents that were produced
> by the Free Network Movement over the course of the last year:
> The first is what we call the Free Network Manifesto:http://www.freenetworkmovement.org/commons/index.php?title=Freenet_Manifesto
>
> The second is what we call the Free Network Definition:http://www.freenetworkmovement.org/commons/index.php?title=Free_network_definition
>
> Yours seems like a little bit of both.
> Let's work together to come up with something unified.
> more later.
>

> take care,
> imw
> Executive Director, The Free Network Foundationwww.thefnf.org
>
> On 07/15/2011 02:59 PM, Nicol?s Reynolds wrote:
>
>  > Hi, here's the English translation of the Free Networks> Manifesto[0], that is currently being written by the RedesLibres[1]> community, a group of free (mostly wireless) networks from Latin> America.>> Feedback is welcome :)>>> [0] http://redeslibres.altermundi.net/Manifiesto/English [1]> http://redeslibres.altermundi.net/>>

Thank you for your time
~Nathan
nathan1465 at gmail.com