[Freedombox-discuss] http://politics.slashdot.org/story/11/07/18/0153204/Security-Consultants-Wa rn-About-PROTECT-IP-Act

Henri Asseily henri at asseily.com
Tue Jul 19 13:56:00 UTC 2011

I wholeheartedly agree with Ted's below comments.
While tackling the issue of proper secure distributed name mapping is a grand idea, I find it completely outside the scope of the FreedomBox version 1. FB v1 should start as early as possible with a simple bootstrap that's got a minimal secure software framework with the proper configuration to launch a few (say secure email and chat) services that validate the concept.
After that, focus should be on adding services.
To me, the real work on the FB is in the configuration framework, cross-service API connectivity, and overall usability of the box for Joe Beerbelly.
--
Henri Asseily
henri.tel