[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox Conspiracy Theory

nathan nolast nathan1465 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:03:21 UTC 2011

i disagree with you analysis
if freedombox exists to only use existing
services/applications/tools/protocols, then the incentive for users to
purchase a freedombox only to use it for a task that can already be achieved
on ones personal computer would be extremely low.  Im not buying another
plugserver to host a diaspora pod, tor exit node ect ect ect. It would be a
disservice to the community that desperately needs the type of services
proposed... anonymous and privacy aware services that are not subject to
centralized services that are subject to oppression, censorship, and a total
take down.

what this project needs is a forums for discussion, and some updates from
cor devs about the progress and direction we are going. The mailing list has
become bombarded with inexperienced users wanting to promote ideas with no
developmental background. Which is fine, but the mailing list i feel is not
the correct place for such discussion.

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Stefano Maffulli <stefano at maffulli.net>wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-07-22 at 18:49 +1000, John Walsh wrote:
> > if there is a genuine opportunity to contribute my thoughts and ideas
>
> There is space for everybody to contribute ideas and thoughts. There is
> also a caveat: discussions with hundreds of highly opinionated people
> can get very confusing.
>
> My suggestion is to hang in there, stay calm, read and write your
> thoughts in an civil manner. Time will also help clear the landscape.
>
> Stay tuned for news from DebConf, you'll be able to follow the talks
> live
>

> http://www.freedomboxfoundation.org/news/FreedomBox_at_DebConf2011/index.en.html
>
> cheers
> stef