[Freedombox-discuss] Is / Is Not

Stefano Maffulli stefano at maffulli.net
Thu Jun 9 15:32:27 UTC 2011

Hello folks

one thing I believe is missing from the list is addressbook/calendar
syncing, a different beast than backing up data. Here is the use case
that made me think of this:

        as a user I want to find my friends that use FreedomBox social
        capabilities (chat/messaging, voip, blogging, picture sharing
        etc) therefore expanding my network.

I figured that the fist step to find your friend would be to upload your
addressbook to the Freedombox. The software on the box would then scout
the network in order to find your friends.

This is different than simply backing up the addressbook because of the
next use case:

        as a user I want to have my addressbook updated directly by my
        friends with their latest pictures, email addresses and other
        data that they decide to share with me though Freedombox

The syncing of calendar has similar use cases. If you want I can
elaborate on that too.

Does this make sense?

/stef