[Freedombox-discuss] Objectives and Introduction

Charles N Wyble charles at knownelement.com
Fri Jun 10 20:18:53 UTC 2011

On 06/10/2011 11:02 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> I expect so too.  There is a good chance FreedomBox is a perfect match
> for a Debian Pure Blend: My main reason fighting for "purity" is that I
> find it crucial for long-term survival of a "blend" - which should be of
> high priority for FreedomBox.

Yes!!! So true. Hooking into the extensive work done by the Debian
community is key. I didn't know about blends. I will be working on
getting all my software combined into a blend and putting that on the
net for folks to use. If anyone wants to know the stack I have running
in production today, providing near full freedombox functionality , let
me know.

I'm putting the finishing touches on it (finishing up deployment,
writing up some documentation and packaging it). Once that's done it
will be available to all.