[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox experiment & Sister project

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Thu Jun 16 22:08:01 UTC 2011

> Using *any* centralised repository is a compromise, as far as I'm concerned.
> If it can be achieved, strict peer to peer distribution is preferable.
>
> Within any strategy involved in disabling networks, attacking the nodes of
> that network are priority.This compromises the entire network.

Perhaps tahoe-lafs and a script simplifying its
configuration would do this job.

Ideally, freedomboxes could be preconfigured to join a
tahoe group so they could have reliable online storage
and each member of the group would also proxy the
content of any member of the group and there'd be
some kind of p2p dns so any user proxying through a
freedombox could find it, kind of like the .onion pseudo-
top level domain that torproject provides.  Maybe the
Tor hidden service feature can be used- can here be
redundant servers in that scheme?