[Freedombox-discuss] tahoe-lafs now in debian

Heddle Weaver weaver2world at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 20:58:35 UTC 2011

On 19 June 2011 22:31, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

> Yes, that means I expect FreedomBox to take years to mature.  Until then
> we can make various experimental, unstable and testing installs - and
> dirty unofficial mixtures like installs "infected" with material from
> the debian.jones.dk repository.

I don't wish to sound overly dramatic, but I don't know if we've got years.
Old moves to make hacker tools illegal is having a universal revival at
present and looking like pushing legislation through in the States and
Europe.
This is one of the reasons I believe the network has to be peer to peer
distributed.
In time, I have little doubt that packages will have to be distributed that
way also, so I see the priority in getting things up and running in any form
yesterday.

National environments want to possess the net.
They will brook no alternate structure there any more than they do in the
'real' world now.
Regards,

Weaver.

by the wise as false,