[Freedombox-discuss] ARM questions

Bdale Garbee bdale at gag.com
Tue Jun 21 08:44:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 09:24:17 +0800, Sandy Harris <sandyinchina at gmail.com> wrote:
> They do say it is being fixed, but it seems worth asking here how that affects
> the Box since most plug computers are ARM-based.

The short answer is "no need to be alarmed".

> Also, Debian currently includes a Havege daemon for strong randomness.
> Does it work on the ones we need it for?

Thanks for the pointer.  I just took a look, and it appears that while
automatic adjustment for cache sizes is only coded for i386 and amd64,
that command line arguments to the daemon can be used to identify the
cache sizes manually.  Since I've not yet tried using it, I can't speak
to how well that actually works on any particular target.

Bdale