[Freedombox-discuss] Rouge Freedomboxes and government intervention

Jeremy Baron jeremy at tuxmachine.com
Tue Jun 21 18:47:21 UTC 2011

AIUI, communication between peers is authenticated and peers trust eachother
because owners have met and exchanged fingerprints in person. (or piggyback
on the existing web of trust)

So, the government could social engineer their rogue node into the network
but otherwise it should not be a risk.

-Jeremy
On Jun 21, 2011 2:10 PM, "Anthony Papillion" <papillion at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've been following the discussion here on the list and one thing I've not
> seen a lot of discussion about is government intervention. Since the
> Freedombox will be open source and use a peer to peer methodology, what's
> stopping a hostile government from running their own 'Freedombox
Honeypots'