[Freedombox-discuss] Brief overview of last night's meeting at BALug

Stefano Maffulli stefano at maffulli.net
Wed Jun 22 17:39:04 UTC 2011

Hello all,

Last night I was lucky enough to talk to great people at the Bay Area
Linux User Group. The group meets in a Chinese restaurant in San
Francisco’s Chinatown. Good food, nice bar (I had a Campari with Soda,
inspired by an Italian-American fellow GNU/Linux user) and great
company. There were about 20 people so we met to talk in the bar after
dinner. No fancy projectors to hook my computer to but luckily I brought
my slides with notes printed.

http://maffulli.net/wp-content/uploads/2011-06-freedombox-balug-notes.pdf

We had a nice conversation around privacy, hardware specs of the
DreamPlug, the status of ARM Linux, the choice of Debian and more.

I pitched the idea to start developing a mobile app to exchange private
information and OpenPGP fingerprints with the FreedomBox and got at
least one person interested in going to the Hackaton in Mountain View
this weekend.

http://www.wipconnector.com/wipjam/entry/the_muther_of_all_hackathons

If you’re interested to go there let me know.

Cheers,
stef