[Freedombox-discuss] Relationship driven privacy

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Wed Jun 29 09:53:40 UTC 2011

On Jun 29, 2011, at 9:28 AM, John Walsh wrote:

>  Families/individuals should manage their own personal identities
> through their own domain name, but instead most people have Google
> and Facebook manage their personal identities - nobody would do this
> in the real world.

exactly john,

but you know what makes twitter and facebook BIG so they  called  it
"the social revolution " ?

it wasnt java script or CSS this was invented way before ,  it was
IMHO  http://oauth.net  so it gives the user the ability

to "comment" " sign up" or "like" without registering or confirmation,
One klick partizipation is the magic of our social life

The Exchange of profile information with oauth made the world simpler
but raised a lot of privacy concerns
because you cant verify each app that pulls your information out of
facebook or twitter.

So i believe the freedombox needs something similar, like http://openid.net
  or http://oauth.net
  for example because we have centralised  identity providers  allready

http://techliberation.com/2011/01/09/facebook-as-identity-provider/

greetings

Marc

--  Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
Marc Manthey- Vogelsangerstrasse 97
50823 Köln - Germany
Tel.:0049-221-29891489
Mobil:0049-1577-3329231