[Freedombox-discuss] my summary of yesterday's Hackfest

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Mar 2 13:02:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 12:39:54PM +0000, Matt Willsher wrote:
>On 2 March 2011 12:17, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
>> Please beware that you mess up the quoting slightly - often first
>> line of a quote has too few indentation markers, making it display as
>> if you are quoting someone else!
>>

>Sorry, it's getting tricky to follow. It's been a while since I've
>replied to mailings in this form.

I sure appreciate you not top-posting, if that's what you mean.  Thanks!

(I am lousy at pointing out what I appreciate - focus on what can be
improved, which often leaves a feeling of me not appreciating anything)

>> (and please don't blame it on your mail application: ultimately you
>> are in charge and can use a different one if it serves you badly!)
>>

>Oh, I appreciate that. Mistakes are easy to make. And please don't
>assume what I'll blame!

Whoops. Sorry about that!

>>> I am but how could this case possibly be configured by the Debian
>>> sudo package? Or what if the roles of the people in the household
>>> change? Or what if more people are needed or a new role?
>>>

>> Ahem - you cut off the part where I tried explain that. :-P
>>
>> Please try reply again to my former post, and comment also on that
>> section right below above quote.
>

>I don't think it did explain it. You mentioned a case of an 8 headed
>machines but that isn't relevant here. When I'm after is a particular
>outline of how the case I gave could be done using the debian package
>system. Explicitly, how would the sudo package handle the pretty
>standard case I outline?

You want it even more concrete.  Fair enough: Provide me a sample
sudoers file, and I shall propose a refactoring as sudoers.d snippets
that does not upset package upgrades.