[Freedombox-discuss] 'No sysadmin' is the key to Freedom Box

Tracy Reed treed at ultraviolet.org
Fri Mar 4 20:09:33 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 10:53:13AM -0800, Tony Godshall spake thusly:
> both the above have a remote sysadmin.
>
> named Apple and Google.

Only in the same sense that my Linux box has a remote sysadmin named CentOS or
RedHat. Apple/Google never directly ssh into your phone. Although since you are
running their code they can do whatever they want just like RedHat can
theoretically do whatever they want with my servers.

--
Tracy Reed
http://tracyreed.org