[Freedombox-discuss] Confused about this project

Thomas Lord lord at emf.net
Fri Mar 4 22:07:28 UTC 2011

Are you interested in low level stuff like kernels?
Or more in user space apps and the user experience?

In the latter case, don't worry so much about all
the hardware and low-level code speculation.  We
need a well designed top part and, regardless of hardware,
slenderer code is preferable to bloated.  (And "no admin"
essential!)

I look at the value of the cell phone and similar talk
this way:  Even supposing I personally narrowly focus
on "plug" my work will be more valuable if I define it
in terms of protocols and data formats and use cases
that help that plug work well with those mobile devices.

-t